Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Paddling For Food At 6:00 a.m.


I am anything but a morning person. So when it was announced that we were going on a kayaking trip before breakfast, I wasn't super excited. But it turned out to be my favorite day of kayaking! It was beautiful and quiet outside, and we could hear monkeys screeching on both sides of the river. Since it was only 5:30ish, it was also cool, which was a nice break from all of the heat. I was in a double with Mr. Wise, in the front of course. I stink at kayak steering. It was a lot of fun to make it all the way to the river mouth, where we could see the ocean and played find-your-species. On the way back, I saw a T.V. hanging from a tree. I got really tired, so Mr. Wise kept baiting me with the thought of breakfast. Only one bummer of the morning: turns out my kayak was full of sand flies. So many bites. So many bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment