Thursday, August 29, 2013

An Extreme Photo-Op



Climbing the waterfall is one of the things on the trip that I am most proud of. When we first saw it, I thought, "Piece of cake!" (Not.) The rocks leading up to the falls were ridiculously slippery, and it was really hard to keep my feet on them. In the photo, I am third from the right, clawing to keep my balance. When it was finally my turn, it became much harder. It was deafeningly loud, wet, slippery, and I couldn't see anything. I felt like I was under there forever, trying to get a foothold, but it must have been all of thirty seconds. I finally made it through, and Ray tried to help me find a seat. But getting there, I slid and fell into the water, Hitting my leg on a rock. After completing the whole ordeal again, I somehow managed to sit down and smile for the photo. Then we had to jump off, which was difficult for me. After bruising my leg, I was afraid I would land on a rock. But I didn't, and even though my leg turned a bit purple, the photos were worth it.







No comments:

Post a Comment