Friday, August 23, 2013

Sweat, Blood, and Mud

This was the very last step on the stairs portion of our hike, though it certainly wasn't the end. Minus travel days, this seemed to be one of the longest days of the trip. I have done a fair amount of hiking around Seattle, but this was quite different. It was hot. More than that, it was humid. I am the kind of person who gets cranky in extreme heat, so by the last step, I wasn't exactly skipping with glee. Planting trees was fun, though. It felt nice to really be part of something. (Also, we got to name and dance with them.) By the time we went fishing, I was ready to fall over. I did actually catch a fish, though. One of my favorite parts of that day is when we all squished into the truck going to the butterfly farm. (Teamwork?) Lunch was ridiculously delicious, though by that point I would have eaten anything. Butterflies were beautiful as always, and we got to hold furry caterpillars.





No comments:

Post a Comment