Tuesday, August 27, 2013

In Which I Fall Off A 20-ft-High Platform

Zip-lining at Rios Tropicales was one of the best parts of the entire trip. Not that I was thinking that at the time. I had never been zip-lining before, and I was terrified. Blood chilling, goose bumping terrified. I don't usually like doing things outside of my comfort zone, but I knew if I chickened out I would regret it. So I stood in line, trying to speed-write a will in my head. I was third or fourth to last in line, so I got to watch almost everyone else in line jump off first. When it was finally time, and Ray gave me the okay, I just closed my eyes and fell of the platform. (I did not jump, I fell.) And then I knew what it feels like to fly. The breeze was wonderful, considering how hot it was, and I could see the whole lodge. I finished, and went around again, this time surprised to find Jujaar working the station at the end. (Thanks, Jujaar!) I got over my fear, flew over the river, and added another memory to an awesome trip.

P.S. Thank you to Sarah for the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment